Curriculum Vitae - Charles G. Polsen, MD
Qualifications / Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Diplomat American Board of Plastic Surgery. Diplomat American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
- Member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- Member American Association for Hand Surgery.
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc.
Training / Education
July 1996 – July 1998
Plastic Surgery Residence. Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Texas
July 1991 – July 1996
General Surgery Residence. Department of General Surgery,
Baylor College of Medicine
July 1987 – July 1991
Medical School. New York Medical College, Degree: Medical Doctor
July 1986 – July 1987
Chemist. Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College.
July 1982 – July 1986
Tulane University. Degree: Bachelor of Science. Major: Chemistry.
- PSEF: First Place Senior Clinical Research Award
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand; National Meeting; St. Louis, MO. Anatomic delineation of the ulnar nerve and ulnar artery in relation to the carpal tunnel by axial M.R.I.
- Texas Medical Association; Austin, TX. The effect of the transverse carpal ligament on flexor tendon excursion.
Netcher DT, Lee M, Thomby J, Polsen C. The effect of division of the transverse carpal ligament on flexortendon excursion. J. Hand Surgery. 1997, 22A: 1017-1024
Netcher DT, Mosharrafa A, Lee M, Polsen C, Choi H, Steadman AK, Thomby J. The transverse carpal ligament; It’s effect on flexor tendon excursion and strength following open carpal tunnel release. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery 1997; 100: 636-642.
Netcher DT, Polsen C, Thomby J, Choi H, Udeh J. Anatomic delineation of the ulnar nerve and ulnar artery in relation to the carpal tunnel by axial M.R.I. scanning J. Hand Surgery. 1996; 21A; 273-276
Netcher DT, Patrinkly JR, Peltier M, Polsen C, Thomby J. Transconjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty; a prospective study. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 1995;96: 1053-1060
Polsen C, Netcher DT, Green L, Polsen J. Generalized elastolysis (cutis laxa). Case study illustrating associated medical and surgical conditions. S. Medical J. 1995; 88: 753-758
Polsen C, Anous M, Netcher DT, Shenag S, Safi H, Hypothermia and cardiopulmonary bypass during resection of extensive arteriovenous malformation followed by microvascular reconstruction. Ann Plastic Surgery. 1995; 34: 642-649
Xiao Rong He, Polsen C, Wong Patrick. Prostaglandin F: A new prostanoid that inhibits platelet aggregation and constricts blood vessels. Prostanoids and drugs. 1989; 9:11.
ASAPS- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meetings
2000-2014 – VARIOUS CITIES NATIONWIDE
AAHS – American Association for Hand Surgery Meetings
2012-2014 – VARIOUS CITIES NATIONWIDE
ISAPS 17th Congress of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
2004- HOUSTON, TX
New Horizon’s in Plastic Surgery: Advances in the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
2002 – SAN DIEGO, CA
Rhinoplasty & Aesthetic Surgery Symposium
1998 – DALLAS, TX
Austin Smiles: Cleft Lip & Palate Surgery
1998 – EL SALVADOR
Laser Surgery: Medical Alliance
1997 – HOUSTON, TX
A.O. Facial Trauma Course
1997 – HOUSTON, TX
Techniques of Microvascular Surgery: St. Joseph Hospital
1996 – HOUSTON, TX